Wednesday, March 3, 2010

67

***note from me: this letter is shorter because i omitted a part that was intended to be just to me. no worries regarding it :)***

has been an okay week.

we were able to teach our 2 daily lessons that we are supposed to teach every day except for sunday.

skip has decided and cannot be moved in meeting only once a week. we were able to get permission from her to work on her yard once a week as well so that we can have more influence on her.

lana has been cancelling appointments alot.

all our other investigators have backed off again pretty badly and are not progressing or are doing the one meeting a week thing. its killer on investigators because if they get in a rut then they dont recover very well. usually when they do the once a week they hit some "problem" and flounder until we drop them.

yesterday Elder Miller and i went to local businesses and got the employees to put leaflets that we had made in thier employee lounges. it was fun changing things up a bit. it was interesting because those that we could tell would generally just tell us that they were not interested had to talk to us for a minute at least. we were pretty succesful getting the leaflets there and we will see if we are also succesful in finding people to teach from it. we havent had any trouble finding people to teach so far, it is just the problem finding those that will progress and have "real intent."

btw, for your information dave that we found the other week that was taught by the Spirit to not cuss, to not drink, etc. was baptized this weekend. we were happy about that.

Love Elder Barron

2 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

I know you will keep looking for those with real intent. They may not be plentiful but they are there. The spirit is whispering to them too but they just don't know it yet.

I'm sure your testimony has grown leaps and bounds since beginning your mission. Bearing it is the very best tool you have. It meant so much to me to know that the Elders who taught me believed so fervently. It helped me to get past some of the things I had trouble with until I had a chance to learn more.

Time is rushing by. It seems as though your emails are almost daily rather than weekly. I know that Heavenly Father is blessing you and making you strong. You have many prayers being offered in your behalf.

Love you Taylor and love what you are doing! You are forever changing lives including your own. Love, Grandma

Wrangler Ron said...

Elder Barron, sounds like you still have a challenge finding those who are humble enough to really want to know the Lord and have a close relationship with Him. I love the creativity you're using to try to break through the social barriers. But remember the most effective tool you have is your testimony. When you bear your testimony the Holy Ghost will carry it into the hearts of those who are a part of lost Israel and it will leave it's mark and it won't be easily dismissed. Those who are of the Lord's house, and are ready, will, as you know, recognize the "voice" and respond. That is your errand. That is your mission. The rest is essentially between them and the Savior. Now that's really simplifing things, isnt' it, but it's your testimony that will in the end help your investigators come to know the Lord better than anything else I can think of.

I know you all that. In a way, that's just me bearing my testimony to you. So you know that I know it's true too. And, hey, it was on my mind.

I had the wonderful opportunity of setting in meetings this week with Elder Bob Gay (remember him from the Carthege Jail? He's a Seventy now.)and Elder Neil Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve.Terrific, uplifting meetings that we held on campus here at BYU as part of our work activities. Brother Gay is really an inspiring speaker. What an amazing opportunity we had to spend the time we did with him, Truman Madsen (also a legend in his own time), and Les Moore. I think back on that experience often and just smile in amazement. Wow. That was a special moment we had with them that no one else but our little family has or will ever experience.

Well, time to go. You are indeed my favorite missionary. I brag on you whenever I get a chance. (Not pridefully mind you. Just proudly.)

Take care of yourself. Love you.
Grandpa Ron