Wednesday, March 31, 2010

71 and reference to peanut butter :)

Hey Mom,

havent got my ticket home just yet but i do feel the urgency. 3 of my compaions go home really soon. after this transfer Elders Gibbons and Haupt only have 4 months left and Elder Miller has only 3. pretty scary and i feel the sense of urgency. the urgency comes out in how we try our best to be as efficient as we can be. we hardly like to do p day. today we taught a couple lessons during our time and went to help somebody move. we wont get to shop for food but we both really like peanut butter. it is hard for us as a companionship to be patient with missionaries who need time to find themselves. many missionaries in our zone dont like Elder Miller because he expects alot out of them. it is hard to teach missionaries that we are hard on because we love them and want them to achieve thier full potential. they never seem to really realize that until they are ready to.


our week was pretty crazy. nothing has been resolved with joey. he still needs to meet with Bishop to determine what will happen.

dan is doing alright. we saw him today. he didnt make it to Church this week. he has done some pretty impressive things. the other day we asked him about his reading and he had read the book of Mosiah in one night. the next day he read 27 chapters in Alma. we will probably push his date back to Apr 17 to give him one more time to get to Church. if he keeps his commitments and progresses like he has then he will be ready on that day.

jamie and jessie had a huge argument and jamie is moving out. apparently jessie was abusing prescription drugs and falling into a poor cycle again. jamie decided that he had had enough chances and that was it. she did come to Church tho. she has a friend that Elder Miller has taught a couple times on exchanges while i was away that is taking a serious look at the Church as well. we are hoping that jamie moves into an apartment in our area. otherwise we will teach her and another companionship will baptize her. she has a strong testimony.

michael p** is developing into more of a social investigator. we need to let him know what our purpose is and let him be really taught.

skip is deffinately alive. she had had a heart attack in the night. she is such a crazy lady, she had her heart attack at 10:30pm and knew it was a heart attack. she says that she was raised to respect other people's time so she didnt call her friend to take her to the hospital until 8:00 the next morning. i think that in the long run, this will all be good for her. she lets us come over every day to help her do little things like walk bert, her kid. (the dog) we refill her bird feeder and fix her phone and make sure that she has everything that she needs and do small jobs around the yard. one day we took her a conference ensign to read while she is down and showed her the pictures of the general authorities. she saw the picture of President Monson and said, "i like that man, he has a kind face." we told her that he is the Prophet and she was happy about that and wants to go to general conference. then she saw the picture of President Eyring and said that she does not like him. it was pretty funny. she judges whether she likes people pretty quickly and makes it difficult for us to find people to visit her with. luckily she likes most all missionaries. there was one that she didnt like which was pretty funny.

thats about all this week, sportsfans. zone conference is tommorow. we have a sweet awesome training for it. right after we go on our second to last exchange. (we set the record for most exchanges in a transfer as far as anyone can remember.) we are going to train on evaluating teaching to help missionaries look for ways to improve.


Love,

Elder Barron

2 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

I hope Skip got to see conference and maybe her thoughts about President Eyring would change! He is so great. We were at a dinner with him a couple of weeks ago.

I thoroughly enjoyed conference as I'm sure you did too. I think some of the talks given will be ones that will stand out as all time favorites. I had a hard time controlling my emotions as I really felt the spirit. All our guys went to priesthood session together Saturday night. Was Braden's first time. Next year Jacob will join them.

Yesterday was Easter. I fixed a big turkey dinner and had the family over. We had an indoor egg hunt for the little kids as it was too cold to do it outside. We loved being together. Our family is wonderful!

Let me know when you receive the package we sent. After reading that you are living on peanut butter, I think I should have sent canned food rather than candy! Take care of yourself. I'm sure you'll do your best with your investigators and know you are always in our prayers. Love you!
Grandma Sue

Wrangler Ron said...

Conference was one of the most powerful I can remember, each talk seemed to keep me at an emotional and spiritual hight. By the time each session was over I was glad because I really did need a break to kind of catch my breath and relax a bit.

We also had a wonderful meeting today with the donors to BYU Hawaii and the PCC. The spirit was strong there too, and we had Sister Beck come and speak to us too. So I've had three days of some pretty big spiritual highs.

I hope things went well for you and your investigators. I know I kept thinking about you and was always aware that you were watching with us.

It's snowing here tonight so it seems a bit like winter, but it should warm up a lot by the weekend and be more like spring. I'm looking forward to that. It looks like you've been getting some rain and I'll bet you'll be glad to see a lot more sunshine too.

Keep up the great work Elder. We're very proud of you and you are, as Grandma Sue said, always in our prayers. Love you much.
Grandpa Ron