Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Letter 3

Hey Mom,

What it is? Its going really well here. Can't believe its been two weeks already.

The district has been calling me "LDS.org" since my last nickname. (This is for real) Since i have been here I have been able to memorize everything in no time. I can answer anything with a scripture reference now. Plus my testimony is powerful so that's pretty sweet.

Most of our time is spent teaching other companionships practice lessons. We are supposed to learn lessons 1 and 2 in our three weeks but Elder Meis and I are going for learning the first 3.

Got your package and letters today. I am totally making everyone in my district break the 10th commandment because I got 2 packages and some letters yerterday and 3 packages and Emily's letter today. I feel really bad because one elder in our district has only gotten a half page letter from his dad so far. I try to be super nice to him.

Looking forward to the field. I'll send some sweet pics soon. Really super busy.

Oh, my favorite thing here besides gym is called the referrals center. You know those commercials the church puts out where you can order free stuff or talk to a real missionary? If you don't, check it out cuz that's us. it's fun to talk to real people.

Anyways, our district has a goal to reach 112 people and have them consent to having a missionary talk to them. We got 89 so far (this is like, a record if we do it) but it's crunch time. Wish us good luck. Elder Meis and I have gotten about 25 of them and there are 6 companionships in our district.

Miss you guys but i'm totally not coming home for a while.

Love you,

Elder Barron

Happy Thanksgiving!

(then he drew a picture of a turkey that was talking saying...:)

...Tell Bro. Markel I'm too busy to write but really enjoyed his letter.
...Be super grateful!
...Elder Barron arrives at San Diego Airport at 9:29 a.m. on Dec. 2nd
...Pray for Elder Barron. He knows you do!
...Don't have time to write Grandma and Grandpa so share this and tell them thanks!

(and finally, em has granted permission for me to post this one thing from what he wrote to her:)

Funny story: My teacher, Sister Horton, was teaching us about the concept of hell.. Is it eternal? Which kingdoms are hell? you know- deep doctrine. Anyways, we finish reading a scripture which didn't answer all of our questions. So Sister Horton says, 'Let's get a definition. Elders? Go to hell.' It was funny for me anyway. Mean, since us missionaries are just trying to help people... :)

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Dad and I laughed heartily at Taylor! He is a funny kid--I mean Elder. He sounds so good and seems to be loving what he is doing. Thanks so much, Rhonda and Emily, for sharing.

Dani said...

He's a crack up and obviously on FIRE!! Way to go Elder Barron! You'll be a huge success!

Wrangler Ron said...

Thanks for keeping us posted on Elder Barron's letters. Sounds like you've got one great young missionary on your hands here. Following his experiences is going to be great fun. And a great joy.
I forgot to ask before, does he have a missionary journal? Is he keeping it?

Utah Dancer said...

Yea Taylor! I can't believe Sister Horton! Funny! What a great kid!